Do you think a DB based on Coroutine and AsyncIO is a good idea? I have written a demo on GitHub.

jimzuolin at gmail.com jimzuolin at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:52:58 EDT 2016

Link: https://github.com/JimChengLin/AsyncDB

I always wonder why people do not make an async DB, when they are crazy with async web framework. Hard disks are faster than the Internet, but still pretty slow compared to CPU/RAM.

Due to my limited English skill, I may be not able to explain how it works very precisely. Please be patient. :)

Currently, people just build a sync DB that provides an async connection. It is "evil". Everything should be async.

My implementation is not pure async though. The insert and del actions are half async due to there is not async __setitem__. I prefer a neat API over performance.

It is my first post.

Jim