Copying a compiled Python from one system to another

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 10:30:41 EDT 2016

On Oct 1, 2016 06:25, "Steve D'Aprano" <steve+python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> Long story short: I have no working systems capable of compiling the
latest
> Python 3.6, and no time to upgrade my usual machines to something which
> will work.

Since you're working on a pure-Python module (statistics), I'd recommend
updating to the latest changeset that will build, and work from there. I
don't know of any changes that would make it impossible for you to update
to the last working changeset, build, update to 3.6 tip, and develop and
test your statistics changes without rebuilding. You may have some test
failures, just run the full test suite after update to determine which
failures are not due to your development.

Otherwise, I'd suggest compiling your own GCC, but I haven't tried that
myself without the aid of Gentoo's package manager.

--
Zach
(On a phone)