[FAQ] "Best" GUI toolkit for python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:30:40 EDT 2016

On 10/19/2016 01:13 PM, Demosthenes Koptsis wrote:
> Did you suggest PySide than PyQt...?

Only that I'm using it right now, but I'm making sure my code will run
with PyQt.  I don't see a huge benefit of PySide except for the source
code license (LGPL so you can use it without fee in a proprietary project).

My opinion is that if you're fine with the GPL license of PyQt for open
source projects, it's the way to go.

If not, then with a little bit more effort PySide works pretty well.
They are close enough to each other to be more or less compatible.

> I want to start with a Python Qt Framework.

I'd say start with PyQt then.  Most examples on the net assume PyQt
anyway.  That book you mentioned is pretty good.  For a while a couple
of universities were offering it for download as a pdf to support their
classes.  Might be possible to find it in a search.