Extend unicodedata with a name/pattern/regex search for character entity references?

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Sep 3 21:51:55 EDT 2016

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 06:47 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> Your posting is lacking a real name in the “From” header field.

Thomas, if that is really your name, how do we know that:

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

is a real name? Is sounds made up to me. I'm afraid that we're going to have
to insist that you scan you birth certificate, drivers licence and other
forms of ID and send them to us so that we can see proof that this is your
real name.

Please either comply, or give up your stupid and pointless obsession with
trying to be the Internet Police for something that isn't even a real rule.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.