how to automate java application in window using python

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Fri Sep 16 06:22:21 EDT 2016

Am 16.09.16 um 09:01 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
> On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 6:55:07 PM UTC+12, meInvent bbird
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 3:52:41 PM UTC+8, Lawrence
>> D’Oliveiro wrote:

>>> Well, don’t leave us in suspense! Give us the link to your blog
>>> post!
>>
>> i do not have blog post,
>
> Oh, now you make us sad. I thought you were promoting a blog post
> where you tell us “how to automate java application in window using
> python” using just 3 steps! But it turns out you have nothing. You
> are an empty promiser.

You are being mean. It is quite evident that English is not his first
language, and highly probable that this was actually the question "How
do I automate a Java application using Python?"

I don't have a real answer myself, but maybe using Jython one can get
access to the Java objects underlying the application (and then, of
course, execute methods of the GUI objects). This depends on the GUI
toolkit (Swing/SWT) and knowledge of the applications' structure, of
course. Another (less robust) way of desktop automation is Sikuli
http://www.sikuli.org/ (Windows only, I think)

	Christian