Text-mode apps (Was :Who are the "spacists"?)
marko at pacujo.net
Sat Apr 1 13:08:44 EDT 2017
Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 2:43 AM, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
>> It would be nice to be able to use a / in my file names. Funny
>> enough, I'm allowed to use a zillion unprintable characters in my
>> file names but no slashes allowed.
> But how do you distinguish between that file, and a file called
> 2017.json in a subdirectory called results-Q2?
When there's a will, there's a way:
* Show a folder icon for a directory and a file icon for a file.
* Do it URI style: path/to/results-Q2%2F2017.json
* Do it C style: path/to/results-Q2\/2017.json
* Do it Python style: [ "path", "to", "results-Q2/2017.json" ]
* Do it Lisp style: (path to results-Q2/2017.json)
I'm sure you can come up with several other workable solutions.
More information about the Python-list