Transitioning from Linux to Windows

chitturk at uah.edu chitturk at uah.edu
Sat Jun 3 10:24:44 EDT 2017

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 8:50:27 AM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Hmm. ISTM the easiest way would be to run an explicit server, probably
> HTTP (hence Django as you mentioned), and then you can have people
> access it using a client on Windows. With HTTP, that client would
> simply be a web browser. I would advise picking up a quick tutorial on
> Django or Flask, and seeing how easy it is to spin up an app and start
> responding to requests.
>
> ChrisA

Yes, "django" indeed seems to be a good solution - But I am having a tough time understanding how to set it up :( ...

All I need is a simple example (say in django) with explicit directions "django for dummies" - that shows how to set it up - access is using http(s) and execute on the server/ubuntu ... I have indeed looked far and wide for the "simplest" example in django I can learn from/adapt ... it is something I have struggled with for sure ... (number crunching is what I do know, UI's are strange to me!)