Posts by Stefan Ram

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Nov 21 09:50:53 EST 2017

On 11/20/2017 10:47 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:> On 11/20/2017 07:50 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:

 >>    I am posting to a Usenet newsgroup. I am not aware of any
 >>    "Python-List mailing list".
 >
 > As far as I'm concerned, this list is primarily a mailing list, hosted
 > by Mailman at python.org, and is mirrored to Usenet via a gateway as a
 > service by python.org.  Granted, this is just a matter of perspective.

 > You also have this header set:
 >> Distribution through any means other than regular usenet
 >> channels is forbidden. It is forbidden to publish this
 >> article in the world wide web. It is forbidden to change
 >> URIs of this article into links. It is forbidden to remove
 >> this notice or to transfer the body without this notice.
 >
 > Looks to me like the mailing list needs to block your messages, lest
 > python.org be in violation of your copyright.

Stefan, please look into the Python mailing list [1], and either remove your copyright or include python.org as an
exception (and let us know if you do).

Until then, all your messages will be auto-discarded at the Usenet/mailing list boundary.

Everyone else, please do not quote Stefan's messages as they may then end up on the mailing list possibly violating his
copyright.

--
~Ethan~