connect four (game)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 25 03:48:01 EST 2017

On 11/24/2017 9:05 PM, namenobodywants at gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 12:13:18 PM UTC-8, Terry Reedy wrote:
>
>> Since you did not start with tests or write tests as you wrote code, ...

that I could tell ...

I agree that I should have stuck in a qualifier, such as 'apparently'.

> why on earth would you assume that?

I inferred (not assumed) that because
a) people routinely post code here and on Stackoverflow without
including or mentioning runnable automated tests;
b) you said 'here it is' without a word about tests;
c) your code has no docstrings or other function by function doc, and
one can hardly write tests without them.

Was I right or are you exceptional?

> instantiate "window" and you'll see it works exactly as i intended;

I did, and it looks buggy to me.  The top and left frame lines are
missing.  If I click a square, the bottom square in the column lights
up.  But then I have no idea whether those are your intentions or not.

nobody's asking you to debug code for free; i'm looking for the kind of
feedback the other respondent gave.

I read Chris's answer and intentionally did not repeat.  Anyway, I think
the best advice I could give you, based on experience writing and
reviewing code, if you do not already have complete coverage, is to
write (more?) automated tests.

--
Terry Jan Reedy