nospam ** infinity?

nospam.Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 02:14:00 EST 2017

> There seems to be a gateway loop of some sort going on.
> I'm seeing multiple versions of the same posts in
> comp.lang.python with different numbers of "nospam"s
> prepended to the email address.

This is the second thread about this. I was thinking it might be related to
recent changes to the gate_news process on mail.python.org, but this
fingerprint looks nothing like what gate_news does.

Looking at a somewhat long-ish thread:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/comp.lang.python/YoxLtkzlt_o/discussion

I see a couple posts from Chris Angelico, only some of which have a "nospam"
preface. It would seem that someone was trying to mark certain posters as "not
spammy," (I'm sure Chris is flattered) and somehow posts with that private
marking leaked out of the user's system starting in the past twelve hours or
so.

Newsreader configuration problem?

Skip