Lies in education [was Re: The "loop and a half"]

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Thu Oct 12 04:32:58 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-12 07:31, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk> wrote:
>> Provided some early part of the URL is handled by PHP, the rest of the
>> URL path is provided to PHP in $_SERVER["PATH_INFO"].
>
> Is it possible to do that without having ".php" visible in the path?

Just like with Python-based frameworks, this requires a few lines of web
server configuration.

On Apache, you might use mod_wsgi to tell the server how to run the code
in one case, and a combination of mod_php and mod_rewrite in the other.
If you're using FastCGI with nginx or lighttpd, I believe the
configuration would look pretty similar in both cases.

Then again, I don't do much web programming any more and generally stay
away from PHP, so I may be misremembering.

--
Thomas Jollans