Fw: Problems Installing Python36

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 20 13:22:06 EDT 2017

On 14/09/2017 05:46, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 09/12/2017 03:05 AM, Thomas Jollans wrote:
>> Other people on this list:
>> This isn't the first time I've someone with this issue here. It's
>> probably putting off plenty of potential new users who don't make as
>> much effort to find a solution. I can't say I understand the ins and
>> outs of installing things on Windows... is there anything that can be done?
>
> Last time I brought this up, someone mentioned that the Python installer
> is supposed to automatically install this runtime library if it's not
> installed already.  If so, why are so many people having this problem?

That is what I'm wondering as well.

The only thing I can think of is that it asks windows update to install said KB update
but that it depends on something else that isn't installed or that the user running the
installation doesn't have the rights to install windows updates. (I suspect something
will be logged in the event viewer somewhere...?)

Or that it doesn't attempt to download it at all and that we are misinformed :P

Btw, I personally never had any issues installing Python on Windows.

Irmen