testfixtures 6.4.0 released - important bug fix! (again)
chris at withers.org
Wed Dec 19 08:15:38 EST 2018
I'm afraid I found quite a serious problem with unittest.mock.call
objects that is important for users of testfixtures' MockPopen helper.
This release includes a monkey patch to fix that issue as well as a facade
over both unittest.mock and the rolling backport on pypi, giving
preference to the latter, so you don't have to change your code if you
need to flip to the rolling backport for a while when waiting to a bug fix
to land in Python core.
This release also include:
* Add official support for Python 3.7.
* Drop official support for Python 3.5.
* Better feedback when call() comparisons fail when using compare().
* A re-working of MockPopen to enable it to handle multiple processes
being active at the same time.
* Fixes to Mocking dates and times documentation.
The package is on PyPI and a full list of all the links to docs, issue
trackers and the like can be found here:
Any questions, please do ask on the Testing in Python list or on the
Simplistix open source mailing list...
2. (in Python v3.7)
More information about the Python-list