Stefan's headers [was:Names and identifiers]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:40:47 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Gregory Ewing
<greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> There are some historical and present-day facts that don't
> support that idea.
>
> * Software existed in the days before it became seen as
> something to be sold for money per-copy. Both computer
> companies and programmers seemed to to all right in that
> environment.

Third-party software? Can you give examples?

It doesn't count if the same organization (company, etc) created the
hardware and the programming. It also doesn't count if it's hobbyists
reprogramming their own units. I'm looking for examples of
*third-party* software, of the sort that can today be saleable, but
which - in this proposed alternate universe where copyright does not
exist - would by force be given away for nothing.

ChrisA