Python Developer Survey: Python 3 usage overtakes Python 2 usage

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:40:19 EDT 2018

On 03/31/2018 08:58 AM, Etienne Robillard wrote:
> I was just wondering, could the fact that the Python community is
> willing to discontinue using and developing Python 2 softwares, does
>  that mean we are stopping to support standard computers and laptops
> as well?

I've tried several times but I can't make sense of that paragraph.

> Furthermore, does it bother you to develop code primarly oriented
> towards mobile devices in Python 3 while most of the world still
> cannot afford theses expensive products?

Or this one.  What are you talking about?

Regarding mobile development, I'd love to write mobile apps with
Python3.  At present, though, that's not very practical.  Python isn't
geared at all towards mobile space, and Apple and Google don't have any
interest in supporting much besides Obj C/Swift or a Java-based language
as a first class development language.

Just as an aside, many more people in the world can afford a smart phone
now than a "standard computer" or laptop. Probably an order of
magnitude.  Just saying.  I've seen smart phones all over the developing
world.