pipenv and wheel/pre-compiled packages

Florian Pelgrim florian.pelgrim at craneworks.de
Mon Oct 15 05:27:05 EDT 2018

Hi there,

I'm currently using a buildhost for third party packages running

```
$ pip3 wheel --wheel-dir=/root/wheelhouse -r /requirements.txt
```

After successful build I copy the directory `/root/wheelhouse` onto a
new machine and install the compiled packages by running

```
$ pip3 install -r /requirements.txt --no-index --find-links=/root/wheelhouse
```

Is there something similar in `pipenv`?
Everything I found in combination with `wheel` are bug reports on GitHub.

Note that copying the venv directory is not an option for me. I'm using
a docker container and want to install the packages system wide.

Cheers
Flo