nonlocal fails ?

R.Wieser address at not.available
Fri Nov 15 05:48:06 EST 2019

Terry,

> This is discouraged for anything very complex.

Complex things do not exist.  If you think you have something like it you've
just not yet broken it down in its components yet. :-)

> This is the standard way in Python and other OO languages.  By 'excluded',
> do you mean 'rejected', or 'tried that, what else is there?'

The latter.  Although I've pretty-much rejected the "global" method.

> Closures are standard in functional languages and are less limited than
> you seem to think.

I was talking about the "nonlocal" method of variable inheritance, not
closures.   I'm not going to comment (much) on the latter until I've had a
chance to play with them.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser