Recommendations for intro to python+programming lecture to Humanities MA students

Göktuğ Kayaalp self at gkayaalp.com
Wed Nov 20 15:41:00 EST 2019

Andrew Z <formisc at gmail.com>  wrote:
> Goktug,
>   Im not clear what is the objective of the lecture? I understand it is an
> intro, but what are you trying to achieve?

Basically I need to introduce my non-programmer friends to Python and
show them that they can easily learn to do their statistics with it,
produce nice graphs, etc.  And I need to give them nice pointers so that
they can self-teach w/o much friction.

> I didnt read all the details, but maybe you can look into creating a
> docker/virtual box image with everything preinstalled.
> Good luck.

That’d definitely be my cup of tea, but sadly also too involved /
technical for my audience of absolute non-techies.

Cheers,

        -gk.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp	<https://www.gkayaalp.com/>