Black

Mon Oct 21 14:23:32 EDT 2019

Top posting?

Agreed. As my eyes age (they're even older than my teeth!) I find the
additional horizontal white space improves (my) comprehension,
particularly when dealing with a dense nesting of structures.

Of course the more 'across' the text stretches, the more likely a
vertical expansion will also result.

Some folk dislike the spaces, and claim the opposite effect.
Strangely-enough, when I linked their coding views to their clothing
choices (gaps, over-laps, ...) then it became a matter of 'personal
freedom' and a cant that others/employers should not confuse outward
appearance with (inner) competence.

Then again, notice my (optional) parentheses here, and how there's no
spaces 'inside' them - which do appear in my Python. Inconsistency is a
human condition. We are not machines.

A tool is something which will make one's life easier, but harmony
within a team is an intangible value and much under-rated - until
experienced!