pip UX Studies - help improve the usability of pip

Bernard Tyers - Sane UX Design bernard+work at ei8fdb.org
Fri Mar 6 23:23:28 EST 2020

Hi there,

My name is Bernard Tyers. I'm a UX designer and have recently started working on the PSF project to improve the usability of pip, funded by MOSS/CZI.

I want to let you know about the pip UX Studies we've started today, and encourage you to sign-up and take part.

The pip Team is looking for Python users who use pip to take part in our UX Studies. Your input will have a direct impact on improving pip.

We want to speak with as diverse a group as possible. We'd particularly like to speak with people with accessibility needs.

You _don't_ have to be a Python expert to take part - I can't stress this enough!

You can find out all the details you'll need and find the sign-up link on this blogpost:

http://www.ei8fdb.org/thoughts/2020/03/pip-ux-study-recruitment/

If you do have questions I've not answered there, let me know.

We'd also appreciate some signal boosting to reach as wide an audience as possible. Please share the blog post with people in different Python using communities.

If you're a Twitter/Mastodon user we'd appreciate a signal boost of these also:

https://twitter.com/bernardtyers/status/1236039617222230017
https://social.ei8fdb.org/@bernard/103778645553767728

Thank you for your attention!

Best wishes,

Bernard
--

Bernard Tyers, User research & Interaction Design

T: @bernardtyers
M: @bernard at social.ei8fdb.org
PGP Key: keybase.io/ei8fdb

I work on User-Centred Design, Open Source Software and Privacy.