how to specify trusted hosts in windows config file

dcwhatthe at gmail.com dcwhatthe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 06:18:58 EDT 2020

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 5:48:50 AM UTC-4, dcwh... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 5:36:00 PM UTC-4, Chris Angelico wrote:

> > > For pypi.org alone, my dns lookup differs from yours:  151.101.128.223.
> > >
> > > Chris,
> > >
> > > Is there a way to just install pip manually, and bypass all this?  I mean, if we know we're downloading it from the appropriate ftp or git site, then doesn't that in itself avoid a faulty PIP version?
> > >

> > Ahh, I think I see what's happening. Something's interfering with your
> > DNS - that's a Fastly IP address. I think the best solution would be
> > to undo or bypass whatever's messing with your network, and then
> > you'll be able to use pip normally without any sort of issues.
> >
> > ChrisA
>
> Which is what I thought I was trying to do.
>
> Why does the latest Python come with an earlier version of pip, to begin with?
>
> Maybe I can update pip on another Win10 PC, identify the changed folders, and copy them over.

Finally got it.  Damn, this was a nightmare:

python get-pip.py --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org

Collecting pip
  Downloading pip-20.0.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.4 MB)
Collecting wheel
  Downloading wheel-0.34.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (26 kB)
Installing collected packages: pip, wheel
  Attempting uninstall: pip
    Found existing installation: pip 19.2.3
    Uninstalling pip-19.2.3:
      Successfully uninstalled pip-19.2.3
Successfully installed pip-20.0.2 wheel-0.34.2