Pip users: big change coming this month

Sumana Harihareswara sh at changeset.nyc
Thu Oct 1 06:29:56 EDT 2020

Changes are coming to pip, Python's package installation tool, in
October 2020. Please read and share this migration guide:
https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/user_guide/#changes-to-the-pip-dependency-resolver-in-20-2-2020
.

We're working on improving the Python packaging toolchain, foundational
work that will (in the long run) make the whole Python package
installation experience way less confusing.

The pip team made a 2-minute video to explain what's up:

https://youtu.be/B4GQCBBsuNU

We are also doing user experience studies, and want you to sign up if
you ever do anything with Python (whatever your level of
skill/experience):
http://www.ei8fdb.org/thoughts/2020/03/pip-ux-study-recruitment/

https://mastodon.social/@brainwane/104950044427849411 is a good toot to
boost, and https://twitter.com/ThePSF/status/1311038036013199363 is a
good tweet to retweet, if you want to help us get the word out.

MORE DETAILS: at the migration guide at

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting