Symlinks already present

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:28:45 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-01, Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> wrote:

> My research says that Unix System V allowed them, but restricted them to
> super users, to avoid the bigger problems with them. I don't know how it
> handle the issue of ..

SunOS-3/4 (a BSD 4.x derivative) allowed them, but restricted them to
root.  It did not handle the issue of '..' at all, and if you did much
of anything at all with the directory while the "extra" link was
present (which meant the filesystem was no longer a tree) it didn't go
well.  It wasn't something you did a second time.

--
Grant