compile error building building Python-3.8.5 on Debian 8.11 (yes, old!)

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at azariah.com
Fri Sep 4 12:04:33 EDT 2020

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 8:59:09 PM AKDT Cameron Simpson wrote:
> I've built 3.8.5 on a few other machines happily recently.
>
> Building Python 3.8.5, running make and gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10+deb8u2)
> 4.9.2 I get this:

I am going to assume the version of C required is past what is in that old of
a version of Debian. I don't see anything that calls out the C version
required in the Python docs, but I doubt they have Debian 8 in their build
farm any more.

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska - joshua at azariah.com
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x68108cbb73b13b6a