Python and Ubuntu versions

Mike Easter MikeE at ster.invalid
Sat Jul 24 17:57:20 EDT 2021

Terry Reedy wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> For those who are following this thread on a conventional news server,
>> there are missing parts which came from the python-list mailing list
>> instead.
>>
>> For those who prefer an nntp access to the mailing list, the
>> corresponding group on news.gmane.io is gmane.comp.python.general.
>>
>> Posting there is unconventional.
>
> Huh?  If you read this, posting from gmane works fine!

In the past, old gmane required posting w/ a good email because the
gmane server required you to receive an email and self-approve your posting.

So, are you saying that gmane didn't require you to approve/authorize
your msg?

I was able to read your msg on both gmane's and my conventional nntp.  I
replied on my conventional NIN because my typical config (and my config
on the experimental gmane acct) was w/ a bogus/invalid email, and
previously an accidental attempt to post on gmane that way failed.

--
Mike Easter