IDLE python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 13 02:39:39 EST 2021

On 3/11/2021 10:28 AM, Yoosuf Oluwatosin via Python-list wrote:

> I have tried to startup my IDLE python severally but it keeps giving the following message:
> IDLE’s  subprocess didn’t make connection. See the ‘Startup Failure’ section of the IDLE doc online at https://docs.python.org/3/library/idle.html#startup-failure.
> I have gone to the page and followed all the procedures listed there but there is still no change.

Did you try starting from a command line?

I need help on this.

I included in that page every reason and remedy I knew or could find on
stackoverflow.  But what OS and Python version?  How did you try to
start IDLE?  What happens with "python -m idlelib -e" on a command line
(where 'python' is the word to start 3.x)?

--
Terry Jan Reedy