.title() - annoying mistake

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 14:49:52 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-19, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> On 2021-03-19 17:19, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
>> Aie sorry,
>>
>> Did not know it targetted the non-english speakers.
>>
> You want English "man's" to become "Man's", but French "l'homme" to
> become "L'Homme". It's language-dependant.

In English, certain words are not capitalized in titles unless they're
the first word in the title (short articles and prepositions), and
.title() doesn't get that right either:

>>> "the man in the grey flannel suit".title()
'The Man In The Grey Flannel Suit'

should be

'The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit'

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm definitely not
                                  at               in Omaha!