pyinstaller wrong classified as Windows virus

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:53:54 EST 2021

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 3:49 AM Ulli Horlacher
<framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> > > Have you tried compiling from a different machine? Maybe there's
> > > something broken on the one that's flagging them.
> >
> > I have only this Windows installation.
> >
> > But meanwhile I can compile my program and Windows does not complain any
> > more about Viruses, though I have not changed anything in my source code!
>
> And now the bad virus reports are back. With the SAME sourcecode!
> It is totally erratic.

Your Python source code is only a very small part of the code.
Unfortunately, if you're not going to go to the effort of getting your
executables signed and added to the full ecosystem, this sort of
hassle is going to be eternal. It's yet another way that turning
Python scripts into executables is a ridiculous amount of hassle. Yet
another reason to just distribute .py files.

ChrisA