pyinstaller wrong classified as Windows virus

Benjamin Schollnick bschollnick at schollnick.net
Mon Nov 29 14:04:03 EST 2021

Windows Defender has a setting to also use “Reputation Scoring”.

What that simply means is that WDef will report back a hash to microsoft which is then checked to see if it is known.  If it is known, then it has a reputation and based off that reputation Defender will either allow it to run or not.

But if there is no reputation (eg no one has ever run it), that’s suspicious.  And that’s what you are running into.

You can submit the EXE to the defender team, which should allow it to operate properly without any issue.

	- Benjamin