Selenium py3.8+ DepreciationWarnings - where to find doc to update code?

jkk jkexcel at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 11:11:37 EDT 2021

Selenium 3.141+
python 3.8+
ubuntu 20.04 or windows 10

I'm trying to upgrade code from py3.6+ to py3.8+ and I'm getting several DepreciationWarnings.

Can someone point me to where I can find the documentation that explains how to to remedy these warnings. What are the new preferred coding practices?

For example, here is a "DepreciationWarning" that I figured out:

py3.6+
from selenium import webdriver
browser = browser = webdriver.Firefox()
browser.get(url)
tables = browser.find_elements_by_tag_name("table")

py3.8+
from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.by import By
browser = browser = webdriver.Firefox()
browser.get(url)
tables = browser.find_elements(By.TAG_NAME, "table")
or
tables = browser.find_elements(By.XPATH, "//table")