Create a contact book

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Wed Oct 27 00:15:22 EDT 2021

On 27/10/2021 04.16, Avi Gross via Python-list wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I think it is time someone set up a business where they do the homework for
> people for a mere $1,000 or so per hour. Anonymously, of course. And we can
> refer requests for free homework advice there.
>
> Maybe the answer to this request is to suggest they use FACEBOOK which
> seemingly keeps you in contact and lets you add friends and view them ....
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 5:30 PM anders Limpan <lindtraxx57 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> i would like to create a contact book were you can keep track of your
>> friends. With this contact book you will both be able to add friends
>> and view which friends that you have added. anyone interested in
>> helping me out with this one ?=)
>>

> Here at Homeworks Anonymous, the first step is admitting that what you have
> is a homework problem. :) This isn't a project, this is something you're
> doing for a course, and it's not really fair to pretend otherwise :)
>
> ChrisA

It's a balancing-act:
- on the one hand writing (their) code is not helping a trainee to learn
(and certainly not in the manner the trainer intended)
- on the other, we should try to welcome and encourage new-comers to our
list/the Python eco-system.

That said, I've often recommended folk switch/also subscribe to the
Tutor list, but can't say if many actually did.

"Essay Mills" are back in the news in the UK with a proposal to make
them completely illegal. The Times Educational Supplement printed an
article two~three weeks ago
(https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/advice/tempted-pay-your-essays-here-are-six-reasons-not
- likely behind a pay-wall - if so, apologies).

The author identified six reasons for not using an Essay Mill:
(the labels are his, the summaries beyond them are mine)

1 Harsh penalties - if caught

2. Fool no more - plagiarism software these days is not only comparing
'this work' with others' assignment returns, but this with your other
submissions, ie noting if your personal writing style changes!

3. Career impact - how it impacts employment (possibilities) if such is
either on your record or becomes evident later

4. On the record - if the 'mill' has your record, what if they're
hacked? Do they have better security than the many organisations which
have been breached?

5. No guarantee of anonymity - your shadow-author will have a 'hold'
over you, forever

6. Bribery - perhaps that essay should be about blackmail, how it could
start, and what might be its effects?

--
Regards,
=dn