Trying to understand nested loops

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 00:01:13 EDT 2022

On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 at 13:54, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 12:54 PM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In C, this doesn't do what it looks like it's supposed to do.
> >
> >    if (foo)
> >      do_this();
> >      and_this();
> >    then_do_this();
> >
> It's been quite a while since I used C, but with the right compiler
> flag(s), I think this may be a thing of the past when compiling with gcc:
> https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/02/26/gcc-6-wmisleading-indentation-vs-goto-fail

Ah yes, because compiler warnings are always viewed and acted upon.

Have you ever watched the compilation of a large open-source project,
done using the project's own build system and therefore the team's
preferred warning settings? It's normal to have such a spew of
warnings that you can't find anything interesting, or to have new
warnings in new versions of GCC be utterly useless for the same
reason.

ChrisA