What can I do about this?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 28 19:33:12 EDT 2022

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:40:17 -0400, gene heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
declaimed the following:

>Collecting wxPython>=4.1
>   Using cached wxPython-4.2.0.tar.gz (71.0 MB)
>   Preparing metadata (setup.py) ... error
>   error: subprocess-exited-with-error
>

>         File
>"/tmp/pip-install-c9gmbpsr/wxpython_1a0e096c87d84229b709c31ccb920a24/buildtools/config.py",
>line 30, in <module>
>           from attrdict import AttrDict
>       ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'attrdict'
>       [end of output]

	Well... First I'd ask where you obtained a 4.2.0 tar.gz version of
wxPython? Maybe try overriding it with a 4.1 variant of it -- or whatever
you can find in the OS's package manager.

>What do I need to do to fix this? It supposedly works on a rpi4b, but
>this is a rock64, V2,
>older stuff with 4 gigs of dram.
>
>Thank you for any help you can toss my way.

	Ask in a forum specific to the OS? Heck, what IS the OS on that board,
and how up-to-date is it? The R-Pi is running a Raspberry Foundation
modified Debian Buster or Bullseye (appears they've pulled Buster, oldest
OS in the archive is January's Bullseye release).

	This does not appear to really be a Python related problem -- rather it
looks like OS misconfiguration/disagreement.

	However, you may wish to review
https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/issues/2225

	Python3.10 is, perhaps, too NEW and various third-party libraries have
not been updated to be compatible with IT. Maybe install a version of
Python3.9 and start over loading all those extra packages.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/