How to enter escape character in a positional string argument from the command line?

Lars Liedtke lal at solute.de
Wed Dec 21 07:50:02 EST 2022

Or you could have "native" bash ($SHELL) with WSL. But I assume not everyone is using it.

Cheers

Lars

Lars Liedtke
Software Entwickler

[Tel.]  +49 721 98993-
[Fax]   +49 721 98993-
[E-Mail]        lal at solute.de<mailto:lal at solute.de>

solute GmbH
Zeppelinstraße 15
76185 Karlsruhe
Germany

[Logo Solute]

Marken der solute GmbH | brands of solute GmbH
[Marken]
[Advertising Partner]

Geschäftsführer | Managing Director: Dr. Thilo Gans, Bernd Vermaaten
Webseite | www.solute.de <http://www.solute.de/>
Sitz | Registered Office: Karlsruhe
Registergericht | Register Court: Amtsgericht Mannheim
Registernummer | Register No.: HRB 110579
USt-ID | VAT ID: DE234663798

Informationen zum Datenschutz | Information about privacy policy
https://www.solute.de/ger/datenschutz/grundsaetze-der-datenverarbeitung.php

Am 21.12.22 um 13:15 schrieb Albert-Jan Roskam:

   On Dec 21, 2022 06:01, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com><mailto:rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

     On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 at 15:28, Jach Feng <jfong at ms4.hinet.net><mailto:jfong at ms4.hinet.net> wrote:
     > That's what I am taking this path under Windows now, the ultimate
     solution before Windows has shell similar to bash:-)

     Technically, Windows DOES have a shell similar to bash. It's called
     bash. :) The trouble is, most people use cmd.exe instead.

   =====
   I use Git Bash quite a lot: https://gitforwindows.org/
   Is that the one you're referring to?