Persisting functions typed into the shell

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Sat Nov 12 14:02:31 EST 2022

On 13/11/2022 05.05, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Wayne Harris <wharris1 at protonmail.com> writes:
>> Wow.  Could the dis module help at all?
>
>    Thank you for this idea! I think this should work, but only
>    under CPython and not necessarily across different Python
>    versions. Still, I might use dis.

Was constructing a two-part tutorial. When it came to the preparing for
the second meeting, was surprised to discover that PyCharm retained code
and values in its Python Console (its REPL tab/window) - I'm presuming,
within its 'project' structure.

Was more interested in ensuring all-parties would be able to re-create
the ending/re-starting position, regardless of IDE. Accordingly, never
looked any further.

Depending upon the full range of criteria, may be worth a look...

Disclaimer: JetBrains sponsor our local PUG with a one-year 'pro'
license, as a monthly 'door prize'. Apart from using the product, have
no other connection!

Similarly, have not looked at such within VS-Codium or other editors/IDEs...
--
Regards,
=dn