any author you find very good has written a book on Python?

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Tue Sep 6 17:48:28 EDT 2022

On 2022-09-05 23:22:34 -0300, Meredith Montgomery wrote:
> I never read a book on Python.  I'm looking for a good one now.  I just
> searched the web for names such as Charles Petzold, but it looks like he
> never wrote a book on Python.  I also searched for Peter Seibel, but he
> also never did.  I also tried to search for Richard Heathfield.  (I took
> a look at his ``C Unleashed'' once and I liked what I saw.)  This is how
> I search for books --- I go through the authors first.

Unfortunately I can't help you (never read a book on Python myself), but
that seems like a weird way to search for a book on a language. I
woudn't expect a single author to be able to write good books on more
than a handful[1] of languages. Learning a language well takes time.
Learning it so well that you can teach it well takes even longer. So I'd
be quite ware of authors who write books on lots of different languages.

        hp

[1] Possibly the hand of a carpenter.