Obtain the query interface url of BCS server.

DFS nospam at dfs.com
Mon Sep 12 16:19:51 EDT 2022

On 9/12/2022 5:00 AM, hongy... at gmail.com wrote:
> I want to do the query from with in script based on the interface here [1]. For this purpose, the underlying posting URL must be obtained, say, the URL corresponding to "ITA Settings" button, so that I can make the corresponding query URL and issue the query from the script.
>
> However, I did not find the conversion rules from these buttons to the corresponding URL. Any hints for achieving this aim?
>
> [1] https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-getgen?list=new&what=gen&gnum=10
>
> Regards,
> Zhao

You didn't say what you want to query.  Are you trying to download
entire sections of the Bilbao Crystallographic Server?  Maybe the admins
will give you access to the data.

* this link: https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-getgen
   brings up the table of space group symbols.

* choose say #7: Pc

* now click ITA Settings, then choose the last entry "P c 1 1" and it
   loads:

https://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs//nph-trgen?gnum=007&what=gp&trmat=b,-a-c,c&unconv=P%20c%201%201&from=ita

You might be able to fool around with that URL and substitute values and
get back the data you want (in HTML) via Python.  Do you really want
HTML results?

Hit Ctrl+U to see the source HTML of a webpage

Right-click or hit Ctrl + Shift + C to inspect the individual elements
of the page