PyObject_CallFunctionObjArgs segfaults

Jen Kris jenkris at tutanota.com
Thu Sep 29 16:47:14 EDT 2022

To update my previous email, I found the problem, but I have a new problem.

Previously I cast PyObject * value_ptr = (PyObject * )value_1 but that's not correct.  Instead I used PyObject * value_ptr = PyLong_FromLong(value_1) and that works.  HOWEVER, while PyObject_CallFunctionObjArgs does work now, it returns -1, which is not the right answer for random.seed.  I use "long return_val = PyLong_AsLong(p_seed_calc);" to convert it to a long.

So my question is why do I get -1 as return value?  When I query p_seed calc : get:

(gdb) p p_seed_calc
$2 = (PyObject *) 0x7ffff69be120 <_Py_NoneStruct>

Thanks again.

Jen

Sep 29, 2022, 13:02 by python-list at python.org: