[Python-mode] python-mode != gdb

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Aug 24 14:29:02 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 21:55, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Simson> Python-mode 4.54
>
>     Simson> Are you aware of this problem?
>
> Yup.  Try googling for
>
>     gud python-mode site:mail.python.org
>
> I think the current conclusion is that it's a GNU Emacs problem.  Barry and
> I are both XEmacs users and don't see it.  At any rate I don't think it's
> been fixed, but you might try the latest version, 4.58.

I doubt it has since 4.54.  I made two font-lock changes to track the
Python 2.4 decorator syntax (and may not be done with that yet <wink>),
and it looks like Ken made a couple of pdb-track related changes.
Neither should have any effect on gdb/gud compatibility.

As Skip said, both he and I use XEmacs and there's no problem there, so
it's definitely GNU Emacs related.  As always, patches are certainly
encouraged, as long as there's no regression on the XEmacs front.  Also
as always, none of us have that much time to hack on python-mode these
days. ;)

Cheers,
-Barry