[Python-mode] Re: Your python-mode patch

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Mar 26 15:36:41 EST 2004

Dave Love <d.love at dl.ac.uk> writes:

> I removed the single hunk that conflicts with the current CVS version.
> Revised version below.
>
> The major piece of GPLed code I think is in there is
> `py-symbol-near-point'.  I don't know what's wrong with just using
> `current-word'.

An even major one is py-fill-comment which is basically a modified
lisp-fill-paragraph from GNU Emacs and thus is GPL.  I mentioned that in
the posting cited in the comment for py-fill-comment but perhaps should
have made the licensing situation implied by that clear.  OTOH, I didn't
expect it to be incorporated into python-mode just like that :)

As for my own code: it's definitely OK if you put it under the license
used for the rest of python-mode.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/