[Python-mode] [ python-mode-Patches-1023335 ] Handle triple-quoted strings correctly.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 20 00:43:28 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by danielx_
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=581351&aid=1023335&group_id=86916

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch adds an option that will color triple-quoted strings
correctly.  It works by turning off syntax-highlighting for strings and
comments (by registering quotes and hashes in the syntax table as
normal punctuation); and using a fairly advanced keyword matcher
to find all strings and comments.  The keyword matcher uses a text-
property to keep track of the syntax category of each character, and
only updates it as needed.  Therefore, the option can only be used if
text-properties are available (but they are available on all current
versions of emacs, as far as I know).

Caveat: it's possible that this will be slow on some machines, or
under certian circumstances.  But it's not noticably slower on the
machines & files I've tested it on.

Comment By: Daniel (danielx_)