[Python-mode] cvs -> svn?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Mar 17 20:35:15 CET 2007

    Barry> I've unchecked the CVS flag on the project page, but I don't
    Barry> think that actually removes any CVS data.  It just disables the
    Barry> menu item.

    Barry> I just committed r426 which adds with-as font-locking.  Please
    Barry> update your checkouts to use the SVN repository now.

I successfully checked the code out via svn.  I tried to do a cvs diff in my
old repository to see if I had any pending changes and got this error:

    % cvs diff
    ? python-mode-face-creation.patch
    cvs diff: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/python-mode/python-mode' (/cvsroot/python-mode/python-mode/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
    cvs diff: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/python-mode/python-mode'
    cvs [diff aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I don't know if that's a side effect of the change or not.  If not, we
should ask SF to fix the problem.  If so, it would be nice if they at least
retained read access to the repository for diffing.  I'll just diff my CVS
and SVN sandboxes.  Can I assume r425 is the version at the point where you
switched?

Skip