[Python-mode] Emacs 22.2 & automatic indentation in Python mode?

James Hartley jjhartley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:00:20 CET 2008

I have probably overlooked something obvious, but after installing
Emacs 22.2, I am not getting code to automatically indent as I
expected in Python mode.  Instead, pressing Enter merely takes me back
to column 1 of the next line.

I am seeing "Python" in the status line at the bottom, so I'm assuming
that Python mode is enabled, but if anyone has some insights they
would like to share with the clueless, I would be grateful.