[Python-mode] replacing python.el

Beverley Eyre fbe2 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 05:41:11 CET 2009

On 02/01/2009 07:37 PM, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Beverley Eyre<fbe2 at comcast.net>  writes:
>

>>  From my understanding, no one suggesting cutting and pasting your
>> code.
>>

> Dave's objection, if I understand it correctly, is precisely the cutting
> and pasting of his code:
>
>    this all originated when I complained about someone distributing a
>    chunk of my code with the FSF copyright notice stripped as a patch for
>    python-mode.el, which was under a simple permissive licence.

I don't have time to go and re-read the beginning of this thread, but I
recall that very early on, everyone agreed that 'merging' couldn't be
done by
cutting and pasting because of the incompatible structures involved. The
conversation was about how each mode accomplished this or that (e.g.
indenting), and which features were offered by each.

You mean that this whole cacophony could have been avoided if we had
just assured Dave that no cutting and pasting would occur?

Bev