[Python-mode] python-mode for Debian GNU/Linux distribution

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Mon Feb 2 16:47:05 CET 2009

> Kids and wives will do that to you.  I have one of each, which is
> probably why I use Python and Emacs too.  I don't look at human brains
> on a /daily/ basis, but just whenever the opportunity arises.  Human
> minds, well, that's a different story.

LOL ;-) human minds are indeed a different topic, although some people
think they know the 'Theory of Mind' [1] (although it is just a loud
name for smth which should have been named "Theory of Mine" at best ;-))

> > I know that you are discussing about transferring copyright to FSF,
> > but I
> > wonder what is the current list of the copyright holders in the main
> > trunk?
> I would say that that is a very murky question.  It's probably about
> as well understood as the copyright ownership of XEmacs.

hm... then I am not sure how you could talk about transferring copyright
to FSF if it is not even vaguely known who owns copyrights over current
code? I guess, all your contributions are copyright by you (or should it
be Canonical?), and pardon my ignorance -- who is klm?

may be for now I could simply list all 4 of you (including Tim) as
copyright holders (and will lookup dates for those two in the logs)

> > 2. I guess respective authors are copyright holders of pycomplete*
> > and doctest*
> >  files (and license is BSD), right?

> See above.  Nobody objected to my call to GPLv3 the file, so I did
> that.  I think that's the best answer we're ever likely to get for
> this file.

right -- but that is for python-mode.el, and was I right about those
pycomplete.* and doctest* files present in the repository (and shipped
in the debian package)?

> > your bzr repository using git-bzr, and hope that it will work in the
> > future for
> > incremental updates ;-)
> I'm not a git user, so if you can translate changes back into bzr and
> push branches to Launchpad, that would be idea.  Hopefully git-bzr can
> do that.  If not, patches will have to do.
yeah -- I will check it out if it is anyhow possible to push my new
branches (debian at least) into bzr. Otherwise, since I've not patched
actual code (just packaging), I have nothing to contribute to
trunk python-mode.el.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

--
                                  .-.