[Python-mode] agenda

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Jan 21 15:29:29 CET 2009

Andreas Roehler wrote:

> What about to implement some reporting feature,
> saying via message-buf for example what is closed?
>
> We could proceed in two steps: First introduce such a reporting level for all
>  things, than make the voices side.
>
> Or should we consider something special right from the beginning?

I'm afraid you've lost me.  With speech recognition (what you say is what it
types... mostly) I would like to try and create an environment where, based on
the current cursor position, I can ask the editor certain questions such as,

what method/class are you in?
what type of name are you (class, variable)?
if you are a class, what methods do you know about?

there's something I'm not quite sure how to handle yet such as choosing from a
list of objects and invoking the right argument signature.  I'm not too worried
though.  These things usually come to me about 15 minutes too late.  :-)