[Python-mode] py-next-statement, py-previous-statement

Andreas Roehler andreas.roehler at online.de
Fri Jan 23 08:00:52 CET 2009

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Andreas> what about putting cursor with
>
>     Andreas> `py-next-statement' and `py-previous-statement'
>
>     Andreas> at first char on line instead of bol?
>
>     Andreas> Committed it, so you may try...
>
> I've personally never used either command before.  I suppose the changed
> behavior would be fine.  If, however, I am on a line with an elif it might
> be useful to have it back up to the preceeding elif or if clause instead of
> moving up one simple statement or clause at a time.

That's not implemented AFAIS yet, but I'll go onto it.

How to name it?

py-previous-condition, resp. py-next-condition?

Would implement it that way, it only looks inside of current
 loop, going to beg or end of loop if no further result.

 (Just a thought.)

> Skip

Thanks a lot. That's just that kind of thoughts which are helpful.

Andreas Röhler