[Python-mode] Hey

m h sesquile at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 23:19:05 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2010, at 09:39 AM, m h wrote:
>
>>On this note, it might be nice to create a wiki page (python.el vs
>>python-mode.el) elaborating the different features found in each....
>
> Like this one:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode
>
> Could use lots of clean up though.

Well, that one could use some work too.  My thought was to have a page
that just lists a table with rows for features and 2 columns,
python.el and python-mode.el.  Then below perhaps some discussion
about why one would use one versus the other.  When new people come to
the python/emacs world it is confusing (to say the least that there
are two modes), and there isn't anywhere that explains the features of
both.

The page you point isn't really python "mode" specific anymore.  It is
more of using Python and emacs together for various features (some of
which are in python(-mode).el, and some aren't).

-matt