[Python-mode] Hey

Andreas Roehler andreas.roehler at online.de
Wed Mar 17 13:28:47 CET 2010

Deniz Dogan wrote:
> 2010/3/17 Andreas Roehler <andreas.roehler at online.de>:

>>> I think the main problem about that wiki entry is that it's on
>>> EmacsWiki. Most EmacsWiki entries look just like that, everything ends
>>> up a discussion board and/or bunch of recipes for unrelated features.
>>>
>> Isn't that a feature rather characteristic of all wikis?
>>
>> EmacsWiki does very well in relation, provides a lot of useful stuff IMO.
>> Download facility is excellent.
>>

> EmacsWiki _is_ useful, I use it all the time. I'm just saying there
> are huge problems with mixing discussion and actual information on one
> page, especially as there is absolutely no visual indication about
> what's what. In relation to what do you think that EmacsWiki does very
> well?

In relation to other wikis I've seen: dead links, unrelated, outdated stuff, sometimes even smear and slander.

Seems thats normal, wikis are a kind of marketplaces: rather loud, with dirty corners.
However, if you got your vegetables, it's done, it's great.
So I'm rather in favour of EmacsWiki, inclusive it's clowns corner. :-)

Andreas