[Python-mode] xemacs or Python mode

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Sat Apr 16 19:31:55 CEST 2011

Am 16.04.2011 18:11, schrieb Eric S. Johansson:
> (I originally sent this to the xemacs list and forgot to send it here)
>
> Only Your friendly list mates can tell for sure
>
> In some buffers of Python code and not others when I press the backspace
> key, it tells me:
>
> symbols function definition is void: looking-back.
>
> I'm testing out on the latest branches of Python-mode and I'm trying to
> figure out if this is something I'm doing wrong with xemacs or it is a bug.
>
> What do I need to do to debug this?
>
> --- eric

XEmacs should implement it.

Here it is for the moment:

(when (featurep 'xemacs)
   (unless (functionp 'looking-back)
     ;; from GNU Emacs subr.el
     (defun looking-back (regexp &optional limit greedy)
       "Return non-nil if text before point matches regular expression
REGEXP.
     Like `looking-at' except matches before point, and is slower.
     LIMIT if non-nil speeds up the search by specifying a minimum
     starting position, to avoid checking matches that would start
     before LIMIT.
     If GREEDY is non-nil, extend the match backwards as far as possible,
     stopping when a single additional previous character cannot be part
     of a match for REGEXP."
       (let ((start (point))
             (pos
              (save-excursion
                (and (re-search-backward (concat "\\(?:" regexp
"\\)\\=") limit t)
                     (point)))))
         (if (and greedy pos)
             (save-restriction
               (narrow-to-region (point-min) start)
               (while (and (> pos (point-min))
                           (save-excursion
                             (goto-char pos)
                             (backward-char 1)
                             (looking-at (concat "\\(?:"  regexp
                 (setq pos (1- pos)))
               (save-excursion
                 (goto-char pos)
                 (looking-at (concat "\\(?:"  regexp "\\)\\'")))))
         (not (null pos))))))